Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
If you experience numbness, tingling or weakness in your hand, consider asking your doctor to examine you for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. This syndrome affects about 2% of the population.
This condition occurs when one of the major nerves to the hand, the Median nerve, is compressed as it travels through the carpal tunnel, made up of bones and ligaments in the wrist.
In most patients, Carpal Tunnel syndrome deteriorates over time, therefore early diagnosis and treatment is important.
Women are more likely to develop Carpal Tunnel syndrome than men.
The Median nerve is very sensitive to pressure, and it might not be possible to find the precise cause of this condition. Some factors that may increase your risk of developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome are:
- Any form of arthritis in the wrist
- Hormonal changes e.g. during pregnancy
- A wrist fracture
- Work that places heavy stress on the wrist
- Using vibrating tools
- Occasionally medication can also cause this syndrome
What are the Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Symptoms usually begin slowly and can occur at any time. Early symptoms may include:
- Numbness at night
- Pain and a burning sensation that radiates up the arm
- Tingling and/or pain in the fingers especially in the thumb, index and middle fingers
Nighttime symptoms are often the first reported due to sleep positions, which may exacerbate the condition and cause loss of sleep.
As Carpal Tunnel deteriorates, symptoms become more constant. These symptoms may include:
- Weakness in the hand
- Inability to perform tasks that require fine motor movements e.g. doing up buttons
- Dropping objects
In the most severe condition, the muscles at the base of the thumb visibly shrink in size.
Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome depends on how severe the pain and symptoms are, and the degree of weakness. Non-surgical options include:
- Avoiding movements that over-extend your wrist
- Wrist splints that hold the hand in a neutral position, especially at night
- Mild pain medication and anti-inflammatory medication
- Treatment of any underlying conditions such as diabetes or arthritis
- Steroid injections into the Carpal Tunnel to reduce inflammation
- Surgery may be necessary if severe damage to the Median nerve has occurred. Surgery involves cutting the band of tissue in the wrist that crosses the Median nerve to reduce the pressure
- Low-level laser therapy – B-Cure Laser
Treatment with B-Cure Laser
Treatment with B-Cure Laser enhances the healing of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome on two fronts:
Initially it treats the pain caused by the pressure on the nerve, by releasing an increased amount of endorphins.
Secondly, it treats the inflammation by reducing the production of inflammatory symptoms such as swelling that creates pressure on the nerve. Reducing the inflammation and the swelling eases the pressure on the nerve and enables an accelerated healing process of the injured area, using the body’s natural healing mechanism.
B-Cure Laser provides breakthrough laser therapy, offering the power of professional lasers as used in clinics, in a lightweight portable device that can be used from the comfort of home.
No medications are required, the treatment is safe, effective and provides lasting pain relief.
B-Cure Laser’s restorative power is provided by advanced laser technology.
B-Cure Laser is placed in contact with the skin, allowing the photon energy to penetrate the tissues. This stimulates the body to produce adenosine triphosphate otherwise known as ATP, which carries energy within the cells. The ATP interacts with various biomolecules inside the cells, promoting normal cell function and enhancing the body’s natural healing processes.
Patients recover from muscular, skeletal, and nerve injuries as cells regenerate faster and function better.
Research has proved that using the B-Cure Laser for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome pain provides cells with more energy to perform their functions, to maintain health and well-being and to regenerate and heal following injury.
Therapeutic effects of LLLT (laser phototherapy) include:
- Increased production of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate)
- Increased cellular metabolism
- Increased collagen production
- Increased enzyme production
- Increased protein synthesis
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved lymphatic flow and drainage
- Reduced inflammation
All this serves to boost the body’s natural healing power, targeting the root causes of pain and providing rapid relief.
B-Cure Laser is unique with a beam that covers a surface of 4.5 cm, making it possible to treat a wide range of painful conditions easily, effectively and quickly.
B-Cure Laser is now available for home use and has been proven clinically effective and safe. The treatment has no known side effects and is a natural and non-invasive method for treating many types of orthopedic conditions.
B-Cure Laser is safe for all ages, does not harm the eyes, and there is no need for protective eyewear during use.
What Are the Benefits of B-Cure Laser?
- Accelerates healing and reduces chronic pain
- Reduces pain, inflammation and the consumption of drug therapy
- Non-invasive and non-surgical treatment
- Suitable for all ages
- No side effects
- Clinically proven
- Easy and safe for home use